WELCOME TO THE YUM STORE!
YUM is a fun card-based game for couples (and your relationship’s new best friend!) YUM will help you overcome resistance and distance and guide you toward one another in fun, surprising and profound ways!
Find an hour or two with your partner. Call it date night, check-in, family meeting, whatever you want. Make the space feel special - a rug and candle, a cup of tea - wine if that’s your thing. Then turn off your phones, settle in together, grab the timer, shuffle the cards, and let YUM do the rest.
There are 4 types of card: Ask me, Tell me, Deep Sharing, and Body. The cards invite one of you to share on a theme, but it’s not a conversation! Set the timer for the alloted time and when one of you speaks, the other person has to listen! SHHH! That’s right - no interruptions. And the time means you don’t have to rush.
The fourth type of card is BODY. It’s about touch. Not super-sexy touch. Just simple silent things - a short massage, an embrace, a kiss. Because let’s face it, connection is about more than thinking and talking.
WHAT’S IN THE PACK?
- 100 Cards
- Digital Timer
Our experience was beautiful, confronting, challenging, thought provoking and nurturing - Kate
A fantastic, effective and fun way to connect, reconnect or stay connected with your partner. - Justin
I’ve played many different versions of these ‘card games for couples.’ None of them compare to YUM. I absolutely love it - Anthony
Watch our Extended Testimonials:
Marcel and Finn
Stephen Andrew - Psychologist
WHO ARE WE?
YUM’s creators (Emily and Sean) met studying Gestalt psychotherapy in 2013 and got together in 2014. She had two daughters (3 & 6) and he had two sons (7 & 8). Soon after, we began the blended family adventure and not long after that (2018) got pregnant with twins! Needless to say, there has been some pressure on the relationship - sleep, finances, emotional upheavals, etc.
Emily: I am a mother and stepmother to six wonderful humans. In my professional life I am a passionate osteopath, and outside of that I love cooking and gardening and generally being alive. Sometimes it takes all day to get out of the house (twin toddlers!) – it’s a bonus if I’m not smeared in avocado, banana or snot. Our home life is very rich and messy!
Dr Emily Fishman
- Masters of Osteopathy – RMIT University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Complementary Medicine) – RMIT University
- Advanced Certificate Relational Gestalt Counselling
- Bachelor of Arts (History) – University of Melbourne
- Certificate 4 Personal Trainer
Sean: I’m a dad and a “sparent” to the same six wonderful humans. I work as a psychotherapist and lecturer, and have a deep interest in nature-connection, masculinity, and most things psychological and philosophical. Also love to dance and build things. I need to get to the woods - hiking or planting trees - at least once a fortnight or I start going a bit mad. Currently in “the full-catastrophe” phase of life and relishing it…
- Master of Arts by Research in Experiential & Creative Arts Practice (MIECAT)
- BA (Honours) Philosophy: Phenomenology (University of Melbourne)
- Advanced Certificate of Relational Gestalt Counselling (Gestalt Therapy Australia)
- Graduate Certificate in Experiential & Creative Arts Practice (MIECAT)
- Advanced Diploma Transpersonal Art Therapy (Phoenix Institute of Australia)
- Diploma Transpersonal Counselling (Phoenix Institute of Australia)